Red Hat System Administration III: Data Center Services for RHEL 7 + EX200 & EX300 (RH255)
Module 1: Control services and daemons
- Review how to manage services and the boot-up process using systemctl.
Module 2: Manage IPv6 networking
- Configure and troubleshoot basic IPv6 networking on Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems.
Module 3: Configure link aggregation and bridging
- Configure and troubleshoot advanced network interface functionality including bonding, teaming, and local software bridges.
Module 4: Control network port security
- Permit and reject access to network services using advanced SELinux and firewalld filtering techniques.
Module 5: Manage DNS for servers
- Set and verify correct DNS records for systems and configure secure DNS caching.
Module 6: Configure email delivery
- Relay all email sent by the system to an SMTP gateway for central delivery.
Module 7: Provide block-based storage
- Provide and use networked iSCSI block devices as remote disks.
Module 8: Provide file-based storage
- Provide NFS exports and SMB file shares to specific systems and users.
Module 9: Configure MariaDB databases
- Provide a MariaDB SQL database for use by programs and database administrators.
Module 10: Provide Apache HTTPD web service
- Configure Apache HTTPD to provide Transport Layer Security (TLS)-enabled websites and virtual hosts.
Module 11: Write Bash scripts
- Write simple shell scripts using Bash.
Module 12: Bash conditionals and control structures
- Use Bash conditionals and other control structures to write more sophisticated shell commands and scripts.
Module 13: Configure the shell environment
- Customize Bash startup and use environment variables, Bash aliases, and Bash functions.
Module 14: Linux containers preview
- Preview the capabilities of Linux containers, Docker, and other related technologies in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Module 15: Comprehensive review
- Practice and demonstrate knowledge and skills learned in Red Hat System Administration III.