This intensive course covers all that is required to prepare for the CWAP Certification, including:
- 4 intensive days of hands-on training
- Official CWAP practice test questions
- Exam voucher for the CWAP Certification Exam (# PW0-270)
- Mentor support after class by our Wireless Expert team
It also ensures that students leave with real hands on skills. Hands-on exercises include the following:
- Protocol Analyzer Setup, Use, and In-Depth Analysis
- Understanding Frame Components
- Frame Exchanges
- Troubleshooting Common Problems
- Spectrum Analyzer Setup, Use, and In-Depth Analysis
Who should attend
This intensive, 4 day course is intended for network and system administrators, consultants and engineers that need to support Wireless LAN deployments. It also is a great course for network analysts and architects.
You will need to have your CWNA (or the equivalent in experience and knowledge) before attending the Enterprise Wi-Fi Analysis & Troubleshooting - CWAP Certification Course.
Note that CWAP Certification does require that the candidate pass the CWNA certification exam (PW0-104) as well as the CWAP certification exam (PW0-270) in order to achieve certified status.
During class, you will develop skills and knowledge on the following objectives:
- Principles of WLAN Communication
- Physical (PHY) and MAC Layer Formats and Technologies
- Protocol Operation
- Protocol Analysis Tools and Methodology
- Spectrum Analysis Tools and Methodology
The CWAP Wireless LAN Analysis course consists of hands-on learning using the latest enterprise wireless LAN analysis and troubleshooting tools. This course takes an in-depth look at the functionality of WLANs, intended operation of the 802.11 protocol and Wi-Fi Alliance specifications, WLAN frame formatting and structure, troubleshooting methodology, and protocol analysis. It also includes extensive training in modern spectrum analysis with a focus on advanced RF behavior analysis, data collection methods, interpreting spectrum plots and charts, and understanding advanced features of WLAN spectrum analyzers. Students who complete the course will acquire the necessary skills for analyzing, assessing, and troubleshooting wireless operation in the enterprise, utilizing hardware and software solutions from the industry’s leading manufacturers. This course is excellent preparation for the challenging CWAP Certification, and includes practice exams and “Exam Cram” sessions (Exam Number: PW0-270). It is also very hands-on intensive, roughly 50% hands-on, with lots of time to get your hands on real equipment to perform actual Wi-Fi Analysis work.